We Indians are worshiping holy rivers for thousands of years, and that’s why these rivers play an important role in our culture, as well as rivers, are the lifeline of India. Now, as we can see most of the people do not realize the positive impact that water bodies is creating in the living world and they keep on doing their work silently. But here we are sharing with you a positive case study about how Ekm Eco Solutions helped people in saving their rivers from pollution and provided a concrete solution.
A pilgrimage – Parassinikadavu Muthappan Temple on the banks of the Valapattanam river in Kerala experiences an average of 4000-5000 people visiting the place in a day. The place had a septic tank for 2 toilet blocks housing 36 toilets and about 25 urinals. There is a river flowing just a few meters away. The major problem was that the overflow of the septic tank was contaminating the river and groundwater. They wanted a concrete solution to such a problem.
So we have broken down the problem into 3 stages-
1. Collection of sewage
2. separation of solid and liquid at source
3. Accelerating fecal matter digestion by the bacterial route.
There are six FRP tanks of 5000 liters capacity each. The two toilet blocks are already constructed in brick and mortar hence there was no need to construct with a modular structure of EKAM -MoTo.The six tanks are divided into two separate arrays such that each array of 3 tanks is connected to each other in a way that the first tank overflows in the second and the second tank overflows into the third. The third tank has an overflow to a nearby garden area. The same is the case with the other array.
There is a static device which is called a cyclone separator which is connected to the outlet of the two toilet blocks. The separator sits on the first tank of one of the arrays. This separator works on the principle of cyclone separation by which the solid content falls into the first set of an array of tanks where the separator is directly sitting whereas the liquid is separated to the second array of the tanks.
Separating the solid and liquid has following major advantages-
1. It accelerates the digestion / decay process by 3-4 times.
2. Water treated with bacterial culture can be directly used as a fertile water within 96 hours.
3. Needs no electricity for separation.
4. The bacterial dosing eliminates odor
5. The bacterial culture reduces formation of greenhouse gases by 70%
6. The solid content is digested and converted into fertile water.
7. 90% discharge of the septic tank is immediately used for plantation feeding which helps
increasing the ground water level and reduces the sewage water entering fresh water bodies.
1. Cyclone Separator
2. Sewage CARE Anaerobic
3. FRP tanks for Sewage collection
4. Drip irrigation system
Schedule for maintenance –
- Use Restroom CARE for cleaning of the toilet blocks
- Flush clean the Aquatrononce in a six months.
- Clean the bar filter every 4 hours to check if any sanitary napkin or such things are choking the path of flow.
- Test the exhaust water from both the branches for water quality
Registered office: A-425, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi-110076, Delhi, India
Corporate Identity Number: U90000DL2013PTC252957
Phone No.:+919816031603; email@example.com